Couch Community Stories
Stories are wonderful things.
And these stories are even better because they’re from the heart.
Real people who have had to summon the courage to get through some of their own life’s adversities, survive and then share their intimate stories with the Carers Couch community.
These are my heroes, and after watching their life’s stories they’ll be yours too.
I really appreciate you opening up your hearts, and I thank you from the bottom of mine.
- Advanced Care Planning @ Royal Melbourne Hospital - Advance Care Planning is a process of patients deciding what is important to them and writing it down. Advance Care READ ON
- Pastoral Care @The Royal Melbourne - Pastoral Care aims to respond to the diverse spiritual and emotional concerns experienced through hospitalisation for patients and those who READ ON
- The Carers Foundation - Our Mission is to be an advocate for family carers of all ages in the community, by providing preventative wellness READ ON
- Pippin Ellis, The Founder of Hospital Helpers - The founder of Hospital Helpers, Pippin Ellis, is an experienced nurse working in acute cancer care. In this highly stressful READ ON
- Karen Jorgensen, BrainLink Services - BrainLink BrainLink Services is a Victorian based service that is dedicated to improving the quality of life of people affected READ ON
- Kaylene & Phillip - Kaylene & Phillip Just married 3 months! The world was our oyster! Or was it? The year was 1991. Phillip READ ON
- Maggie Macgill - Maggie Macgill Maggie is an accomplished Chi Running® and Pilates teacher with 17 years of international coaching experience. She also READ ON
- Caring for the carer in all of us! - He captured my heart, body and mind from a young age. This year he has truly captured my soul. He READ ON
- Alex Austin - He captured my heart, body and mind from a young age. This year he has truly captured my soul. He READ ON
- Anoula Galettis - My name is Anoula and I have cancer. I was pregnant when I was diagnosed with a very rare and READ ON
- Zoe Alexander – Energetic Healer & Transformational Coach - I'm Zoe Alexander and I’ve been professionally helping people transform and connect to who they are for 16 years, either READ ON
- Sharan Kafoa – Confession of a Carer - My brother and I suggested he stay in the area as he had a lot of friends, but an acre READ ON
- Khoa Lee - Khao Lee is young, male, fit and healthy. Not what you’d expect a carer to look like… but isn’t that READ ON
- Diagnosis or death sentence - Diagnosis... it can feel like a death sentence. Getting the diagnosis can be just as traumatic as the disease itself READ ON
- Keys to Make Recovery a Reality - There are things we can do to get better - to survive, heal and recover - from traumatic events such READ ON
- 6 Rules to Fuel your “Body Vehicle” - Our body is under a lot of stress as a Carer, and generally speaking, we have a consistently higher stress READ ON
- Setting Loving Boundaries - Putting On Your Big Kid Panties: Setting Loving Boundaries “You need to stop doing everything and take some time READ ON
- 10 Self-care Tips To Be A Better Carer - So what can you do to get a little ‘me time’ amongst all the responsibility? Here are 10 simple self-care READ ON
- Self-care…What’s that?! - It’s no surprise that when it comes to self-care, the Carer is on the back foot, to begin with. READ ON