Stories are wonderful things.
And these stories are even better, because they’re from the heart.
Real people who have had to summon the courage to get through some of their own life’s adversities, survive and then share their intimate stories with the Carers Couch community.
- Did you know? Liaison Officer @RoyalMelbourneHospital! - Brainlink offers a hospital program which works to provide support for families whose loved one are in the care of READ ON
- “Never Ever Let The Medical profession Steal Your Hope” - "Never Ever Let The Medical profession Steal Your Hope" Kaylene and Philip offer some insightful advice on caring. Never let READ ON
- “Never give up if you think something is wrong”! - "Never give up if you think something is wrong"! Philip divulges that he felt certain something was wrong for the READ ON
- Cancer Diagnosis After Honeymoon Getaway!! - Cancer Diagnosis After Honeymoon Getaway!! Meet Philip and Kaylene, a truly remarkable couple, who together, have an amazing story to READ ON
- Lung Cancer Patient Story - Lung Cancer Patient Story - Carers Couch's Ambassador & Inspiration My name is Anoula and I have cancer. I was READ ON
- Cancer Diagnosis? Hospital Nightmares! – Confession of a Carer - During this part of Martina’s discussion with Sharan, it is emphasised how much time is spent on seemingly simple tasks READ ON
- Palliative Care – “NO ONE TOLD US” - Palliative Care - "NO ONE TOLD US" Watching a loved one’s illness slide into the point of no return is READ ON
- Palliative Care “Keep a positive mind” - Palliative Care "Keep a positive mind" Khoa knows first hand how vital it is to stay positive whilst carrying the READ ON
- Understanding Palliation – The Legal Challenges - Understanding Palliation - The Legal Challenges What is Palliation all about? It can be a confronting and confusing reality which READ ON
- Palliative Care – “No second chances” - Palliative Care - "No second chances" “Guys Cry”... Khoa challenges the gender stereotypes of how carers should react to the READ ON
- Palliative Care – Behind Hospital Walls - Palliative Care - Behind Hospital Walls Effective communication between members of the family, hospital staff, health care professionals and other READ ON
- IMPORTANT! TO DO LIST before your loved one passes! - IMPORTANT! TO DO LIST before your loved one passes! How do you avoid the challenges of emotional bombardment and overwhelm READ ON